Sunday 11 August 2013

Guerlain Fall Voilette de Madame collection: Madame Fascine Gloss d’Enfer

At the same time as buying the disastrous Two Rock duo from the Fall Voilette de Madame collection, I also picked up the Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shine in Madame Fascine (£22)

Again I bought this before the testers were out so went by the colour in the tube, however I was aware of the variant in pigment of the Gloss d’Enfers, having swatched the colours from the regular line up.
In the tube, its a deep vampy cool toned grape/purple with multi coloured micro glitter.

Applied, and its not quite so stunning, the colour is extremely sheer and applies as a wash of almost greyed grape with subtle micro glitter, its pretty but I do feel it a shame that it doesn't correspond to the depth of the colour in the tube.

Though I'm more of a lipstick person, I do really like the formula of these, as they are not tacky or sticky and has a smooth application and lightweight feel.

Though I am pleased with this, I would advise checking this out in store if you can, as I feel like the sheerness might be a issue.

I bought this from John Lewis.

10 comments:

  1. That's too bad it's so sheer! It looks like it would be a great product if the pigment was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Macy,
      Yes, it was a bit of a let down, I should have waited for the testers to come out :)

      Delete
  2. It still looks like such a beautiful colour! I tend to like sheerer glosses so this one looks very appealing. Do you use your glosses over liner or lipstick or on their own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to use them on their own or sometimes just use a touch applied in the centre over a lipstick, it is a nice colour but could have done with a bit of a boost :)

      Delete
  3. ugh this sucks .. i really wanted it to be full on drama :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no drama, just a watered down version ;)

      Delete
  4. I actually like the fact it is a sheerer version, but for the deep lip lovers it might be a dud...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think its so distant from the tube and not buildable that if people were buying based on how it looked it would be a let down, I do really love the formula though :)

      Delete
  5. That's too bad about the sheerness, but I'm sure it'll add a nice touch on top of another lipstick. :)

    I wanted a coral-orangey-red shade from this line which was quite punchy and opaque compared to this shade! It seems they require thorough individual swatch tests at the store as you advised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'll use it, guess its just not quite what I expected :)
      There is a real variant with the shades so would be best to test in store, I'm sure Coral Wizz,Rouge Shebam and Red Pow were more pigment packed from what I recall.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin