Friday 21 August 2009

Chanel Fall 2009 collection


Somehow the money I put aside for something unrelated to makeup got spent on a few Chanel fall items today, its funny how that happens, still I was having a bad day…
I remember the days when I used to buy the majority of items from a Chanel release but of late I rarely buy from them, the fall collection, which I thought I would really like, is no different.
I only ended up with three things. Rouge allures in Intuitive (warm mix of caramel pink beige) and Amusing (raspberry rose). Both these shades looked a lot nicer in the store than they do now I have them at home. Swatches are L-R Intuitive, Amusing.

I also picked up the Murano quad. Chanel latest quads seem more pigmented than they used to be and I finally got my pale minty shimmery green in Murano after being disappointed by a similar shade in the Garden party quad that was devoid of pigment on me. The other shades Murano contains is a medium green with gray tones, deep smoky green and a highlighter pink. All the colours apply true to colour on me; the only colour I am not keen on is the pink as its too sparkly. So all in all I wasn't overly impressed, roll on Illamasqua fall collection………………………..

UPDATE:WORE THE QUAD AGAIN TODAY, GOT QUITE A LOT OF COLOUR FADE EVEN WITH A BASE :(

4 comments:

  1. I need that quad (and it will be mine on Monday!) I'm interested in the redder lipsticks from this collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Grace. I think there was only one red lipstick,Clandestine as Captive looked more to the brown side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have one Chanel quad but wasn't thrilled with the pigmentation so I gave it to my sister...I do like their lipsticks and foundation though. I might have to see this quad though in person..thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle,
    Thanks for visiting my blog :) I think it is worth you testing it in store, the top left is such a beautiful shade.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin