Sunday 23 August 2009

Makeupalley rant

I've been a member of makeupalley since 2002 so I was somewhat surprised to receive a email from productvilleadmin telling me that my Illamasqua eyeshadow descriptions were not appropriate and they had removed it. I had simply posted a list of eyeshadow descriptions, nothing more and I had already had 20 people mark it helpful. Well in a childish strop I sat there and delted all 300+ of my reviews and have now removed the majority of my pictures. I feel like I have put in a lot of effort on that site and to have something deleted just like that, and considering some of the reviews that are allowed to stay on there, it's really unfair. Rant over...

8 comments:

  1. It's happened before, the people on MUA can be so childish, that's why I don't post reviews on there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, have they deleted all the "Where can I buy this? " reviews too?


    Enough said. I have no idea why MUA would delete that review - it's madness if you ask me. They need comprehensive reviews like yours to function and prosper, and if they alienate productive members they will perish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why they did that? To the best of my knowledge they are totally accurate. Strange. I don't blame you for not wanting to play any more. I rarely go on there these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I don't go on MUA either, I find it a bit on the unfriendly side

    Sorry you had this experience

    XxX

    Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gawd, that's just so ridic! I loved the descriptions, especially as the Illamasqua site isn't very accurate in swatches. I miss you reviews, please consider returning them! I always like reviews (positive or negative) that say a litle bit about the product, not just what someone thought about it; hence "reviews" like "Didn't like it!" or "HG!" get's a "not helpful"-mark from me.

    Some people act out all their jealousy on MUA, it's their weakness and lack of joy in life manifesting itself. Ignore them! Keep up the good work! I read your blog almost every day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello all,

    Thanks all so much for your comments, I was rather surprised so glad its not just me who thinks it was not right of them. To be honest now that I have discovered blogs I don't go on MUA much as the blogs are much more friendly,honest and have more up to date information.
    Peachgirl, I didn't keep all my reviews as when I went through them I realised that some of the earlier ones I no longer agree with.
    I will repost some of the ones that hold true here though as a reference. Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elise, thanks so much for the nice comments x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin