Sunday 16 August 2009

Illamasqua brushes part 2


Overall I’m very impressed with Illamasqua brushes and am pleased that they will be expanding the range. I definitely can see them competing with MAC brush wise.

I own 7 of the brushes and here are my thoughts on the last three I have.

Powder brush, like the blusher brush 1 this is really soft but also surprising dense. It applies powder seamlessly and it works well with highlighter powders. This got mizzworthy’s seal of approval and I have to agree, and would even go to say that this is the best powder brush I have had.

Eye shadow brush, I’m not so please with the brush, compared to my MAC 239 this is softer but this equates to it not being able to pack on the colour as well, so unless you want to apply a sheer layer I wouldn’t recommend this one.

Eyebrow brush, this is an angled brush. I have heard that some prefer this as a liner brush but I find the head too big for that. It quite stiff but not rough and is perfect for using with brow powder.

4 comments:

  1. I was torn between the Illamasqua eyeshadow brush and the MAC 239, and went for the 239 - glad I did now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace London,

    Thanks for visiting. Good choice, I really like the 239, Its my preferred brush for main lid colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Illamasqua eyeshadow brush for concealer! It's my favorite for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lraspopovi,

    I'd not thought to try that, will give it a go, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin