Sunday 20 October 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge new brushes: Highlighter 014 & Blender 016

Rouge Bunny Rouge have recently added two new brushes to their line-up,  Highlighter 014 and Blender 016. Both brushes are made with a very high quality synthetic hair and have comfortable, well balanced wooden handles.


The highlighter 014 brush is designed for liquid and powder textured highlighters but I have found this extremely versatile and also use it for applying a wash of eyeshadow and its also great for applying loose pigments and concealer.

It’s a good sized oval brush head and has a firm texture without being scratchy in the least. It packs on colour without it looking cakey and gives an even distribution.

Shown below with a MAC227 which is the closet I have size wise (Mac on top, RBR below)


The blender 016 is designed to blend cream or powder shadows. I've not had a brush this shape before, it’s a rounded short head, again its firm but feels pleasant to use.

It’s great to blend away harsh lines or to blend different colours together; it’s also good for smudging liner. Its blends with ease so there is no faffing about as it gets the job done quickly.
I've being using these since I got them and washing them frequently and have had no misshaping or shedding.

I have always been a fan of RBR brushes and these additions just further showcase the high quality, versatility and durability of the brush collection.


Rouge Bunny Rouge is available from http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com (they ship worldwide).

Disclosure: These were sent to me for free.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any RBR brushes, but I think I'll have to soon! None of these has a shape that I am familiar with, but the only way to get to know a brush is playing with it. Glad to hear they have worked well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do highly recommend RBR brushes, the blusher and powder brush are especially lovely as well :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you reviewed these!!! I saw RBR post these in instagram so I've been very interested since then. These look like they might be good additions. I've been looking for a brush to use for a wash of color...the one I used to use I mistakenly got rid of and none of the brushes I have now work as well (nor as quickly). The short stubby brush looks interesting...it reminds me of a Hakuhodo one I have but a lot shorter! Glad these are working out so well for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame to have got rid of it by mistake, bet you said a few choice words ;)
      I've never tried Hakuhodo but always hear good things about them, people are saying the Wayne Goss ones are similar?
      I so pleased with these two RBR brushes, I do hope they continue to add to the line up, some more crease brushes would be good.

      Delete
  3. Really interested in these. How long are the handles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not including the ferrule, they are 4.4 inches long, so work out the same length as a standard MAC handle.

      Delete
  4. I saw RBR's twitter feed and FB and these brushes look so intriguing! I use my fingers for the RBR liquid h/l and I'm wondering if it would work better with the brush.

    The eye blender brush is actually a lot bigger than I thought. I wonder if on people with small lid space could use this brush effectively.

    No matter, bc it is ADORABLE looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do prefer the brush over using fingers for liquid highlighter, seems to have a better finish.
      I see what you mean about the blender, not sure if I would be considered to have a medium or large lid space, its definitely fine for whatever my lid size is though ;)

      Delete
  5. These brushes look really good. Firm yet soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its hard to find firm brushes that are comfortable so these have proved to be a real winner :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin