Wednesday 9 October 2013

Sisley City Muse Collection Fall 2013: L'Orchidée Rose Blush Highlighter

Countless times I'd walked past the Sisley counter to just rudely stare at the beauty of L'Orchidée Rose. Not wanting to form some bizarre habit I thought I'd better just man up and buy this rather expensive beauty.


Part of the fall city muse collection,  L'Orchidée (£62) is a blush highlighter that contains three soft pink shades, 2 cools and one with more warmth.

Used together (as I don't find these work so well individually) its a sweet, luminous cool toned pink that does not look frosty.
It offers enough pigment to be used as a blush or can be applied lightly to achieve more of a glow/highlighted look. It brightens up the complexion and does not apply ruddy (like I find a lot of pinks do).
Swatched below heavy then lightly.

The formula feels soft and smooth (though not as smooth as a Burberry blush or creamy like a Rouge Bunny Rouge blush). Its lightweight and does not look powdery and has an average wear time.

Overall I like the clean, crisp pink and subtle highlight/sheen it gives to the skin and have nothing to fault about the formula really. However, there's a little voice in my head that whispers " you could have bought that Tom Ford eyeshadow palette you wanted for the same price......."
Hindsight can be an annoying, redundant thing, and in retrospect I think this is a rather frivolous buy, as I do have blusher/highlighters of a similar or even better quality for a lower price, and I can't help thinking the shade/finish is not unique.

Ingredients:


I bought this from John Lewis.

15 comments:

  1. It's so gorgeous that if you're a collector of these sort of things, it's fully justified. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that reasoning :) I think a lot of people will buy it for the beautiful design.

      Delete
  2. Oh, but it's so so so pretty. I'm hoping to get this someday. It's more of a dream though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be around for a while, they still have the one for summer out. It will give you time to mull it over :)

      Delete
  3. But my dear just look at how pretty it is :) just don't think about how much you paid for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) there is a lot of my makeup that I try and block out the cost of it x

      Delete
  4. Hi Clare,
    I really love your taste when it comes to picking up blushes and lipstick. This blush looks very pretty!! I do agree with you that the price tag is really expensive for a blush, but this product is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It is a real beauty, shame it wasn't the same price as their normal blushers though ;)

      Delete
  5. But it is the kind of shade you will wear all the time! And pretty is good for the soul. <----- all things I tell myself will apply to those bloody Ladurée petal blushes
    PS after sitting on my Tom Ford trios lemming for a few weeks, I think I'm reconciled to passing on them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your justification :)
      I am not as controlled as you, I held out on the trios but couldn't take it anymore so ordered she wolf, I've had it for a few days and think you are right to pass.
      x

      Delete
  6. Ohhhh this is gorgeous! I keep looking at it, but it's like 100 euros here so maybe I'd want to spend that on two TF blushes instead :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is painful isn't it, mind you when I look at the price of their skincare their makeup seems more reasonable :)

      Delete
  7. Aaaah, Sisley...think I'd have a hard time passing this up to if I walked by it all the time!!! What do you think of Sisley makeup in general? I've read a few posts about random items (including yours) and haven't been super convinced to take the leap, though everything looks beautiful and I quite like the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like nearly everything I have bought from them, but if I look at it from a price point of view and whether the formulas are better, I can't say that's the case. However, if you do get the chance to have a good look in store I would suggest looking at the shadows (the non matte ones) and also the Phyto-Blush Eclat

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin