Friday 4 October 2013

The Beauty Spotlight Team: Visionary Beauty's top picks for frizzy hair

Whether its with the rainy session or humid summer months, hair that is prone to being frizzy can be a real pain to manage. I've bought countless products to try and combat frizz and whilst its still not perfect these are the products that have made the most difference.

I was always buying shampoos and conditioners designed for dry hair than needed intense smoothing and it was only by chance a hairdresser mentioned to me that these products are actually not the best for the intended purpose as they can cause static and friction and instead I should opt for a lightweight formula.

I was recommended the Kerastase Cristalliste range and its became a real staple. They provide enough moisture for my dry hair without weighing it down and have made a big difference in terms of static and they leave a shiny finish without making my hair look lank.

I've been a fan of the Shu Uemura hair range for a while, the Art Of Hair Essence Absolue Cream Camellia is a great leave in product. I use it on towel dried hair and find it really helps retain hair's moisture and makes the hair feel soft and gives a smooth finish and glossy shine. The Shu Uemura Art Of Hair Kengo Feather, is another product that is always a re-buy for me, I use it once my hair is dry and just a small amount gives a lightweight hold and further adds softness and shine.

Finally I use a touch of the Kérastase Styling Laque Couture to really lock everything down. Its a great finishing touch as it provides a flexible hold that never looks crispy, its lightweight and helps with frizz and flyaway control.

Though it does sound a lot of products the combination does not make my hair look lank or greasy, all products applied shown below,

Its still not 100% foolproof and I can't hide my hair breakages (as you can see if my photo) so if you have any recommendation for broken hair I'd love to know.

18 comments:

  1. I've always loved the Kerastase line. None of the salons I've gone to have carried the line though so I don't have someone who knows my hair to make recommendations. The Cristalle line looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcia,
      That's a shame the salons don't carry the range, Kerastase seems to be all over the place here. I hope you do get the chance to try the Cristalle range :)

      Delete
  2. I find lightweight products best for my very dry but very fine and frizz-prone hair, too. I use Redken Fresh Curls conditioner as my only cleanser (am one of those co-washing freaks :P) but I really like Kerastase Masquintense -- must try the Cristalliste line out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not tried the Fresh Curls range, mind you I've not used Redken for a while, I'm sure there was some reason why I stopped but it escapes me now ;)
      If you do try the Cristalliste range I'd love to know your thoughts :)

      Delete
  3. Really???? Lightweight products??? Jesus.. I have been using heavy-duty products on my hair to try to calm down my frizzyness -.-'
    I will definitely try that Kerastase range!

    PS - I have been going through your blog and I find it very usefull. I'm going to put it on my must-read-list :)


    Would you like to win a Theodora Palette by Urban Decay? Click here:
    Passatempo Theodora - Urban Decay

    xoxo
    Vanessa
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa,
      Glad you like the blog :) I know what you mean as I was always using heavy duty products as well, with the thought that it would flatten everything down, I'm so glad I have now made the switch :)

      Delete
  4. Definitely going to check out the shampoo and conditioner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think if you do end up trying them :)

      Delete
  5. Great post. Thanks to beauty crazed for linking here.
    xx

    Happy Locks
    Facebook
    Bloglovin
    Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, great post and your hair looks absolutely stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, glad you think so as I was thinking my broken hairs were really standing out :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Whoa, SUCH SMOOTH HAIR!!! I don't think mine was ever this smooth even before I decided to go curly! I am a big fan of Kerastase hair products as well. It's the one brand that has systematically worked wonders over the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have been tempted to go curly but think it would be more work as my hair is wavy naturally but not in a nice uniform sort of way :)
      Kerastase really do have some stand out products don't they
      x

      Delete
  8. Hi Clare,
    love your taste! I have been wanting to try Shu Uemura hair care for a while. I'm glad that this hair care product adds shine to your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The Shu range for hair is really nice, I've bought quite a lot of their range and don't have anything bad to say about it :)

      Delete
  9. Clare,
    So funny that we have such different hair (mine is very oily at roots), but I LOVE that Cristalliste shampoo and conditioner. It's my everyday product precisely because it doesn't over moisturize and make my hair limp.
    You have such shiny pretty hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Thats funny that it works for both our hair types, guess thats what makes it such a fab range :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin