Wednesday 2 October 2013

The New Rouge Dior Lipstick

Dior is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year and is showcasing its first makeup product, the lipstick. The Iconic Rouge lipstick has been reinventing with new shades, an enhanced formula that contains "rock samphire extract to stimulate cellular renewal, plumping hyaluronic acid and light reflecting particles to increase the depth of colour" and an updated packaging.

The 32 shades are divided into four main colour families: reds, pinks, beiges and corals.

#361 Rose Baiser is a cool toned pink with a hint of mauve. It has a cream finish and is brighter than I would normally go for but still wearable.
 
#468 Rose Bonheur is a peachy pink with a slight sheen finish.
 
They feel lightweight, and have a silky feel. Pigment was very good and they do have a really lovely depth of colour, they also have a  surprising long wear for such a lightweight formula and leave a stain behind.
 
I think this is an improvement on the previous version and would say this is my favourite formula that Dior has brought out.

I bought these from Boots.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Clare, Thanks for the review - these both look like very pretty, wearable shades. I will give Rose Bonheur a try the next time I'm at a Dior counter. I love peachy-pinks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I bet it would really suit you. Its quite a nice line up of shades, I bought another one recently as well, #365 Rose Songe which is another one in the peachy/pink family that you might want to try :)

      Delete
  2. I keep seeing the new Dior lipstick reviews and I'm so tempted to try one. You picked lovely shades. I'm more inclined to Rose Baiser. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you do need to try at least one ;) Rose Baiser would look lovely on you, there was also a deeper red I think would look really nice on you, think it was 743 Rouge Zinnia
      x

      Delete
  3. These Dior lipsticks are everywhere!! :) I can't believe I haven't picked one out yet. Thanks for the swatches, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help :) I'm really impressed with them, bet you would find quite a few shades you like :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a really lovely formula...I mean the best dior formula...ok, these definitely demand checking out! Ha ha :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my favourite Dior formula yet, will look forward to seeing if you pick one (or two...) up ;)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin