Sunday 6 October 2013

Rouge Bunny Rouge Provenance Tales

Rouge Bunny Rouge have just brought out their second fragrance collection, Provenance Tales. The range draws inspiration from the elements of earth, water, air and fire.

The bottles embody the beautiful intricate design synonymous with RBR and are engraved with fire, horns or wings.
The fragrances are all unisex so both myself and my husband have been testing these out.

Embers mixes cold and hot spices, containing pink pepper, nutmeg and clove. It starts off sharp but then the deep sandalwood becomes a presence.This is predominately a smoky/spicy composition with a creamy clove as the dominate note.

Composition below:


Cynefin is more of a green,herbal affair. It starts off quite light but then the initial floral, almost sweet notes lead to a deeper green scent. I can detect the lavender but there is also a fresh hue and a noticeable musk, coupled with the warmth of amber and a dry woody trace.

Composition below:


Silvan is a sensual autumnal scent. Predominate notes of cedarwood, smoky incense, patchouli and pepper create a rich, woody, warm spicy aroma.

Composition below:


I usually go for more floral and unquestionable feminine fragrance and find that the masculine edge to these work better on my husband than myself. All the scents have a great depth with distinctive tones that are surprising, yet work.There is nothing run of the mill here and I really find them unique.


The vial samples were kindly sent to me by Rouge Bunny Rouge. The full size bottles are each 129 euros and are 50ML.

4 comments:

  1. The bottle looks gorgeous, Clare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lust worthy aren't they, you know I'd love to have a nice row of all the RBR fragrances and just stare at the prettiness of the designs :)

      Delete
  2. All of these sound so unique! I can't tell which one I might like the most from just reading about the notes. Might have to lay my hands on some sample vials somehow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will do one of those sample sets that they did with the last fragrance collection, well worth having a try if you can :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin