Friday 15 April 2011

Aromatherapy Associates: Renewing Rose Cleanser, Rose skin tonic, Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil

Aromatherapy Associates is a skin, bath and body care brand that is based on the therapeutic benefits of essential oils. Going by what I have read, its a very well regarded brand and many attest to the physical and emotional benefits the products give.

The range omits the following: Mineral oils, GM ingredients, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Synthetic colours/fragrance and Parabens. They also do not test on animals nor use Ingredients that have been tested on animals.

I bought 3 things from the brand,
Renewing Rose Cleanser (£22): the cleanser contains damask rose, jojoba and geranium. It removes all makeup (apart from mascara) with ease. Using a toner afterwards I can see that no bits of makeup are left behind.
Its delicately fragranced and my skin did look fresh after use, however for my dry skin this did not provide enough moisture and I did experience breakouts from this. I think this is due to the lack of moisture, my skin requires a balancing act to keep it under control (not too much moisture/nor too little).
Although this wasn’t right for me, I do think this is a very efficient makeup removal for skin that is not dry.
Ingredients:

Rose skin tonic (£22): Is made from pure damask rose water. This leaves my skin feeling fresh and comfortable, with no residual left behind.
I have since re-bought this and I alternative between this and Elemental Herbology for my toner.
Ingredients:

Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil: There is always a stand out product from a brand and this oil seems to always get glowing reviews. It costs £37 for 55ml, however you only require a tiny amount. Its meant to help “calm a whirring mind and encourages peaceful sleep. Perfect if you're feeling overtired or having trouble sleeping”.
Its a blend of pure essential oils, sandalwood, vetivert and camomile. Unfortunately I cannot use this in the bath or shower as it gives my sensitive skin a reaction. I can only use this very lightly on my pulse points before bed and it makes me feel more relaxed. I wouldn’t say it gives a “deep sense of peace and tranquility” as per its description but it does make a difference.
Ingredients:
If you like relaxing products this might be a nice one to try but I would be hesitant to recommend this if you have sensitive skin.

Overall my stand out is definitely the Rose Skin Tonic, I think it might be a good one to consider if you have sensitive skin.

I bought the toner from SpaceNK and the other two items from the Aromatherapy Associates website.

7 comments:

  1. I need to explore more of this range as I bought the rose and sandalwood facial oil a few years back which was excellent, but haven't tried anything else since. I quite like potent oil blends for bath use so I would be interested in trying out theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried any Aromatherapy Associates but I have been intrigued. The bath and shower oil sounds really lovely. Unfortunately, the only thing in the way of a deep sleep for me is being disturbed by the small people! I will look into the cleanser and toner when I need new ones as I do really enjoy the scent of Rose at bedtime.

    By the way,I escaped yesterday and I actually got some undisturbed time SpaceNK. Heavenly, I even got to see the Tigers in person for the first time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try the Rose skin tonic, sounds lovely!

    It's too bad the oil gives you a reaction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This brand definitely sounds good, thanks for the review.
    Btw have you ever tried the Embryolisse line of products? I absolutely swear by the 24 hour miracle cream or Lait Creme concentre.. it has become my HG moisturizer especially since I have very very dry skin in the winter. It's rich enough to soothe my skin but still looks great under makeup without an after-feel. Even now that the weather is warmer I like using it as my night cream so my skin feels moisturized for the next day. Give it a go if you'd like, not sure of the ingredients though. Let me know if you'd like to see a picture of the label! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this, it is a shame that you had some reaction. I think that sometimes because essential oils are "natural" they are percieved as gentle and one can have a reaction to anything! and the oils in the Deep Relax are especially potent - having reactive skin myself I find that anything with the baddie that is mineral oil is fine for me because it is rather benign. Like the idea very much of the toner but bizarrely I think I must be the only person on the planet who is not a fan of rose! I must try Elemental Herbology. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meeta,
    Its quite an extensive range, I am tempted by their haircare range. The oil is certainly potent :)

    Hi Jane,
    Yes, little ones don't quite understand that their parents need to sleep. I'm sure you would find something you like from the range.
    Now you have seen it in person, do you still want the Tiger palette? Did you buy anything when you were in there? I know I would not be able to come out empty handed! x

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    The tonic is really lovely.
    Unfortunately I don't get on with a lot of bath/shower products, my skin doesn't like to behave :)

    Hi Lakshmi,
    I have looked into Embryolisse before as I know a lot of people rate it and I am sure there were some ingredients that I was iffy on, I think it was mineral oil and something else, I can't recall. I have to say I am quite hooked on the Snowberry bright defense range for my moisturising needs so think I will stick with that, shame its so ££ though ;) x

    Hi Jan,
    I'm probably the Queen of reactions so I'm not surprised I didn't get on well with it.
    I do think you will like Elemental Herbology,did you email them for some samples? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really did come out empty handed! I was saving myself for Becca to be honest but I was tempted by quite a few things. I still really want a LQ Saint Pink but a few of the Lip Chic shades were calling to me too. I definitely haven't lost the urge for the Tigers after seeing it in person. It's a lovely colour combination. Although I didn't buy anything, all the swatching was useful for future purchases ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin