Friday 1 April 2011

Snowberry Bright Defence Day Cream No.3

Snowberry, the luxury anti-aging skin care range from New Zealand, has added a Bright defence range to their line up. It consists of three day creams (Oily, Combination and Dry skin ), a serum and night cream. The line is meant to be anti-ageing, brightening and hydrating. What interested me was the fact that the formulas are designed to gently reduce melanin production. As I have a very uneven skintone and some very bad acne scarring I was interested in this range for its claims to lighten and brighten the skin but without bleaching the skin.
I bought the Bright Defence Day Cream No.3 (£59 for 50 ML), which is designed for dry skin. It contains anti-oxidants (Vitamins A, C and E, Grapeseed, Kiwiseed, Grapefruit and Melon extracts, and the super anti-oxidant Lipochroman-6™) , rich herbal emollients (Rosehip, Grapeseed, Passion Flower and macadamia, and New Zealand Harakeke Oil) and skin brightening agents (ODA White™, Chromabright™ and Seppicalm™) which are meant to “to help inhibit tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for melanin production”.

It comes in a hygienic pump dispenser, the cream is a light to medium consistency. On initial application it doesn’t absorb into the skin straight away so I have to massage it in. For my dry skin, this is just enough moisture but I’m not sure it would be enough on its own for those with very dry skin.
I’ve been using this for over three weeks now and here is what I noticed, my skin seems to be more hydrated, my skin feels smooth, my skin looks brighter and one of my acne scars that I have had for over 6 years which no concealer could cover (even the old Dermablend formula) has lightened. Suffice to say, this is a definite re-buy for me.
Ingredients:
Snowberry is fast becoming my favourite skincare line and its one I feel I can trust, which is saying a lot due to my high sensitivities and being hugely acne prone.

Snowberry is now available on salonskincare.co.uk (which is where I bought this from). Some of their prices are cheaper compared to Harvey Nichols. They have an offer on at the moment (ending 4th April) to get £15 off if you spend £100 (code SPR15) £10 off if you spend £75 (code SPR10) and £5 off if you spend £40 (SPR5), applies on full priced items only.

10 comments:

  1. As someone who gets freckles every summer, this sounds really nice! I haven't tried anything from the Snowberry range before, even though it's from my home. I think the price always sounds better in pounds (in my head anyway, I try not to convert them)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear the positive effects it has had for your skin. I haven't tried anything from Snowberry although had a play with testers in Harvey Nicks. I might have to look into this one for my scars although I am very interested in Jurlique's new brightening range too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the packaging, so cute!

    I've tagged you! :)

    http://vintagemakeup.blogspot.com/2011/04/lipstick-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really interesting. I'm currently researching for a series of pigmentation treatment posts. After a couple of months of trying to fade by pigmentation patches, I've seen little change. I'm so impressed that you've seen changes in 3 weeks!

    I shall investigate this. I'm also interested that it says free from Kojic Acid as I believed that to be one of the 'alternatives' to Hydroquinone. Back to the research papers for me ;)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again. When browsing Harvey Nicks today I did get a few samples of the day creams and eye serum (they didn't have the brightening products unfortunately). I am going to give these a try to get a feel for the range. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review, hadn't heard of this brand. I have really acne prone skin too and a lot of scarring so I think I might give this a go, sounds like it's worked really well for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you know I am in love with Snowberry, too, but failed to find out about these new products. Thank you so much for this review, the bright defence range sounds marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kat,
    It is a lovely range, but I'm sure the prices can be somewhat off putting ;)

    Hi Meeta,
    Let me know how you get on with them, I'm using the eye serum as well at the moment, hoping it will be better than the La Mer! x

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    I really like the design, looks modern and has a fresh/brightness about it. Thanks for the tag :)

    Hi Jane,
    I too am very suprised with the results, I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts about the ingredients in this x

    Hi Nat,
    I don't tend to have much success with skincare but do recommend this range, if you try it let me know how you get on with it x

    Hello Sam,
    I bought the night cream from the bright defense range as well, salonskincare seems to have all the newer Snowberry products whereas Harvey Nics don't, not sure why! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again. Just to let you know Wholefoods on High Street Kensington now stock the full range and it appears to be a few pounds cheaper then Salon Skincare. I got a sample of the Bright Defence 2 to try as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Meeta,
    Thats great news, I really hope they continue to expand their distribution. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Bright Defence cream as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin