Wednesday 27 April 2011

Rouge Bunny Rouge Select Crown Jewels Gift Set

The Select Crown Jewels Gift Set Box was featured in the beautiful Spring/Summer look Isola Bella, so I was delighted when I noticed that Zuneta stocked the set.
Its costs £45 but if you bought the products individually it would cost £52.
The set contains the Decadent Duo in Tango Argentino and Big Lash Mascara in Pure Obsidian.
The Decadent Duo consists of a liquid blush and and lip gloss. Its a very lightweight,travel friendly product. Tango Argentino pairs a terracotta cheek shade with a shimmered infused pink lip gloss.
As I am very pale and cool toned I tend to avoid terracotta shades however although this is pigmented it can be easily blended down, and the overall effect, while undeniably warm, gives a really nice flush of colour perfect for the summer months.
It blends beautifully, feels lightweight on and doesn’t have a sticky feel once applied, it also lasts very well and has not caused me breakouts.
The lip gloss feels comfortable and quite hydrating, it does have a bit of tackiness to it but not overly so and this does mean its quite long wearing.
Swatches below L-R: blush swatched, then blended in, lip gloss, lip gloss with a touch of blusher added in.
The Big Lash Mascara really does make the lashes look thick and full, it reminds me of the effect I get from YSL Faux Cils but with a bit less lift.
It doesn’t feel drying and doesn’t flake. I like it but I tend to prefer a more natural looking mascara.
Product ingredients:
I bought this from Zuneta.com (they ship internationally)

14 comments:

  1. Oooooh spooky...I was just researching these, how good are you?
    The Duo looks absolutely gorgeous (Want Now lol). I also liked very much the look of Rumba Cubana, hmmmm...not to mention Batiste Grayling e/sh. Oh dear!
    Thanks so much for this hon :)
    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gloss colours look pretty. I was interested in this set as it has the mascara I liked the sound of (I really like Faux Cils) as well as the presentation box;) but tempting as the 10% off was, I didn't get anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of the gloss! So pretty it reminds me of a Cargo one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours of the blush/gloss duo are very nice! I have been reading all your posts on RBR today and now I feel like I need all the RBR brushes and more eyeshadows :) This weekend's RBR promo at Zuneta is probably not really going to help either. Thank you for another great post!
    x Klara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED to get my hands on some RBR stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina,
    Well you know, brilliant minds and all ;) Are you going to go for that Zuneta RBR GWP, seems a really good one? x

    Hi Meeta,
    I really like the box it comes in. It would be really nice if RBR did traincases/makeup bags as their designs are so pretty.

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    It has a lovely shimmer to it :)

    Hi Klara,
    Thanks! Well I do like to entice ;) I do love their eyeshadows, its a shame they don't do palettes really.
    The promo is a really good one, I'll look forward to seeing if you go for it ;)

    Hi Emily,
    It is a brand I really recommend, it does seem to be rapidly gaining in popularity :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great review! I am about to place an order, my first RBR ever, and oh boy, am I ever making up for lost time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that RBR will bring out some palettes this year, I can't wait to see what colours they come up with! And yes, I went for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zuzu's Petals,
    No problem ;)I hope you love all your RBR goodies you get, beware the brand is addictive ;)

    Hi Klara,
    really, thats great news about the palettes!!!!
    Your as bad as me, I did an order as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous that you have access to this beauty brand! Their packaging is so cute and I'm a true sucker for great packaging. I've heard really good things about this line. The liquid blush and lip gloss is really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup,

    It is one of my favourite brands,the site that stocks it, Zuneta.com does ship all over the world, in case you are tempted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Replica,

    I've heard of Zuneta but have never ordered anything from there. I ordered a nail polish from the UK once and it took over 6 weeks to arrive. That experience left a sour taste in my mouth for sure. Thanks for the head's up though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of the blush when blended, just like the picture!!!! Great effect!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Hopelessly Devoted To Makeup,
    I can see why 6 weeks would put you off! Although from what I hear Zuneta are meant to be quite quick internationally, not trying to entice you or anything.. ;)

    Hi Tina,
    It is a really pretty shade, your right, I hadn't noticed how similar it was to the picture ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin