Sunday 27 October 2013

Charlotte Tilbury Air-Brush Flawless Finish Powder

Powder is not something I have a lot of success with, my skin type is dry, often dehydrated coupled with an oily breakthrough. I find the majority of powders perform terribly on dry skin, catching hold of any unevenness in texture and making the surface look cakey, and even more dry.

I initially bought the Air-Brush Flawless Finish (£33) to use as a setting powder for my under eye concealer but once I tried it on the rest of my face there was no going back. The powder is delightfully soft and smooth, with a very fine texture that feels lightweight on the skin.

The finish is not matte and the coverage is not very heavy but it does even out imperfections slightly and cuts down (though not obliterate) shine. I like that the finish gives a slightly brightening, light-reflecting effect, rather than a dull, flat finish.
As long as you don't put on a ton it doesn't cake, nor sit in lines/pores, though by no means does it completely blur lines and fill in pores.
I bought the lightest shade 01 fair, I'm a shade lighter than a MAC NW15 and this is a good match, due to its sheerness I think this would be fine for up to a NW/NC 25.

It has a good wear time, I'd say about 7 hours before I notice a depreciation in effect. It contains rose wax and almond oil to hydrate the skin and is paraben-free, its caused me no breakouts/irritation (I've been using it nearly every day for just over a month and a half now).

One of the attributes I particularly like is that you can layer other products on this (such as cream blusher or extra concealer) and it does not cake or ball up.

Though this is not perfect (my skin is such that I am not sure there is a "perfect" powder out there for me) this is one of the best powders I have tried so far.

Ingredients (notice the spelling mistake)


I bought this from charlottetilbury.com

14 comments:

  1. This sound lovely! I wish CT was available in Canada. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope the range becomes more accessible soon, I think there would be quite a lot you like, I certainly have quite a long wish list :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this sounds good. My skin is quite similar to yours--dry and sensitive--so I always appreciate your "finds" as I know it's likely they'll work for me, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was of help, sorry to hear you have difficult skin like mine, I seem to have more fails than I do success so its good when something like this comes along :)

      Delete
  3. So glad u like this!- please tell me you have tried her foundation- I need the lowdown on it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the foundation unfortunately , I wanted to but there was something in it, salt I think, which makes it a no go for my acne :(

      Delete
  4. :) hee hee, ingdredients. That shade looks like a perfect match on your skin and not chalky or heavy looking. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, quality control and all that ;)
      The shade does work well, which is lucky given that I think there are only 3 shades on offer :)

      Delete
  5. Myeah, powder and I, we don't get a long that well either. Good to hear that you liked this one though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad I tried it, I think I'll stick with it and not carry on with a search for the "perfect" one :)

      Delete
  6. New brand? I can't live without a good powder, I'm glad you are happy with your buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only been out for a few months now, I like everything I have bought so far, so think its a winner :)

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a must-have for us dry skintypes! Will definitely keep this one in mind, good translucent powders are hard to find! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree powder for dry skin can be so difficult, this is definitely a re-buy for me :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin