Wednesday 9 April 2014

Estée Lauder Double Wear All Day Glow BB Glow Moisture Makeup

It just sounded so good, a luminous/glow finish with lightweight texture and long-wear, what's not to like?
I bought the lightest shade, 1.0 (£29) which is actually a very good match as its not particularity cool or warm and is pale enough for my skin that's a shade lighter than a MAC NW20.

The texture is quite creamy, heavier than I expected from the description. I didn't expect high coverage at all but was surprised by just how sheer it was, it does even to some degree but is not buildable. Pores are a major problem for me and this really only barely conceals them. It has a slight glow to the finish and I mean slight.

I thought this would be moisturising, but don't find that the case, skin really needs to be completely smooth and a good moisturiser used to ensure that this doesn't go on cakey or highlight dry areas.
Now I can forgive this as I have bad skin, so when I try a skin base I never expect miracles to happen, but where I feel disappointed with this product is the wear time.
Estee Lauder has a lot of well established long wear foundation/concealers and this addition it meant to wear for up to 8 hours. My skin is predominately dry and this lasts barely 4 hours before its pretty much completely gone, that's just not good enough for a product boasting long wear claims.
Ingredients:

As far as I am concerned this product falls short of its claims, there are some good features such as the SPF30, being fragrance-free and a good range of shades, but it does not give skin a "vibrancy, imparting a clear, bright tone and lustre to skin for a flawless, healthy glow" and the wear time is poor.

I bought this from Boots.

14 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so sorry to hear this is such a flop! I got a sample of their DayWear Anti-Oxidant BB cream and I like it quite a bit! That one is definitely designed with oily/combo skin in mind though, which is why we get along well. I might eventually get a full-size tube, but I'll make sure I steer clear from this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what a let down, shame as the colour match is extremely good for pale skin, since I've bought this I have read a lot of bad reviews from those with dryer skin so makes me wonder if this is best suited to those more oily, oh well live and learn and all that ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for your review. I always appreciate hearing your thoughts on products, as it seems our skin is quite similar in type and not too dissimilar in terms of color (I think I'm a bit darker than you, tho). I was on the verge of purchasing this online--sight unseen--but you've answered all the questions I had about it...and it's clear, from what you've said, that I wouldn't like it. So thanks again for sharing your thoughts on this. I guess the search goes on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really glad its been of help, I always try to find similar people in terms of skin/colouring for reviews as order quite a few products site unseen as well.
      I really did have high hopes for this product,its a very good colour match though.
      Have you tried the Omorovicza complexion perfector bb? Its a tad too dark for me but is the best, non irritating skin base I have found thus far, though the price is a bit upsetting.

      Delete
    2. I have! I use it all the time, and have a back up bottle at the ready, too (even tho the price is upsetting, as you said--I've been lucky enough to purchase it during sales). I first discovered it through your review, so I owe you for introducing me to it. (It's not too dark on me, so my skin is certainly darker than yours.) Thanks for reminding me of it. I don't know why I keep looking for "better" when I already love the Omorovicza... Thanks again!

      Delete
    3. Thats great to hear that its working well for you, I do keep trying other bases just to see if I can find something a bit cheaper than the Omorovicza as much as I love it. The new BB foundation stick seems to be getting raves and sounds like it can be worn sheer or more heavy so I might give that a try next :)

      Delete
  3. Such a shame this was disappointing. Have you tried Double Wear Light? Thats my go to foundation for the weekend xx



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey,
      I've tried the normal DW but don't think I have tried the light one, I'll have a look into it :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Clare so sorry this one is a miss! I used EL DW BB last summer and really loved it but I have combination/oily skin so I think you'd need a moisturizer under it. Doing that I don't know how the coverage would be but without, for me, it was just what I wanted. I was curious about this one but ended up with a Clinique one instead due to Sephora's VIB sale. Maybe that was a good thing? Thank you for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wonder that you might have better luck than me with this due to your skin type and I get the impression you have much clearer/better behaved skin than me. I think the Clinique one you got was one I had looked at but the shades were just too dark, finding a base that ticks all the boxes sure is a tricky one! x

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I have been wondering about this, such a shame is not long lasting at all - pores are a big problem for me as well so this would be a pass :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a let down, I was really surprised by the poor wear time.

      Delete
  6. We have the same skin type and I'm NW15/20 as well. I've been testing this BB cream for the last few days (I bought a full size and got a sample to try it first) and I would agree with you. It lasts longer on me, but it settles in pores quite a lot and the texture and finish are just not very nice. It's going back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good you can take it back, mine is just sitting in the corner glaring at me :) I think I need to read more reviews before trying new bases in the future.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin