Sunday 4 May 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic: Lorelei, Sea Worship & Mystical


The packaging of the Alluring Aquatic collection is really quite pretty, a dramatic shiny teal, adorned with raised water droplets which look really realistic.
Of the six new Extra-Dimension-Eye-Shadows (£16.50 each) I skipped the more deep, smoky shades and bought Lorelei (copper peach) and Sea Worship (golden olive).



Both shades have a wearable metallic sheen and pair really well together.

To the touch they have a slight dryness but the do not apply dry or patchy, instead they are extremely smooth and blend easily. Pigment is very high/opaque and they don't crease or fade at all when used with a primer.


I picked Mystical (£16.50) out of the lipsticks as it looked like the most easy to wear everyday shade.


Its a medium rose with a satin finish. The Cremesheen has a rich opaque coverage and applies evenly. The formula is a little heavy but it does have a good wear time and is not drying.

I am really pleased with these items and recommend checking the collection out.

I bought these from a MAC free-standing store.

18 comments:

  1. I think Lorelei and Mystical just might come home with me! This is the first MAC collection that I'm interested in in a long time and the packaging is so fun! Love the look of both shadows on you, so smooth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been a bit meh on MAC but this is a good collection of products, there was a lighter silver/green shadow as well that I might have to go back for :)

      Delete
  2. I might really need Sea Worship! It's not that I don't own a dozen similar shades already, but it is riiiiight up my alley! Glad to hear they blend easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the majority of people will home in on Sea Worship, its just one of those type of colours that we can never get board of :)

      Delete
  3. ah, this is one MAC collection that is very very appealing to me! I love how Lorelei and Sea Worship are so beautiful on your skin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, those two do go nicely together, I really like the formula, good wear and easy to use x

      Delete
  4. The colors are very soft!! You have a very nice product in your blog, would you like to follow each other? Please let us know
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yes I think these are the most wearable colours from the collection.

      Delete
  5. You make Mystical look very tempting...now I'm excited for this collection to become available in the US. The shadows look great on you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had no intention of getting Mystical but soon changed my mind when I swatched it, if you do get anything from the collection I'd love to know what you pick up :)

      Delete
  6. You've picked all the right colors for your skin tone and I like that it's not too metallic. Mystical's my type of lipstick, satin and not overly glossy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes I was worried these would look really metallic so am glad that's not the case, I'm not always too fond of MAC releases but there is a lot to like about this one.

      Delete
  7. I love that packaging. Maybe I need to go to a counter after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should have a look, I'm sure you could find something to come home with you :)

      Delete
  8. Great picks Clare! I'm enjoying Mystical a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I bet a lot of people picked up Mystical :)

      Delete
  9. I am not crazy about mac collections but there is something about this one that got me thinking maybe I should try this or that. especially the eyeshadows and blushes. mystical looks promising though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about the lighter blusher as well, I do think its a collection worth a look, its seems to be quite popular even with those who are not massively into MAC xxx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin