Sunday 7 September 2014

Tom Ford Fall 2014: Stroked Contouring Cheek Colour Duo

Stroked (£56) is the lighter option of the two limited edition duos released for the Tom Ford Fall collection. It was always going to be a risk for me ordering such a warm looking duo, but I was intrigued by the rusty autumnal tone of the blush and was interested to see how a Tom Ford highlighter would perform.

The duo is meant to create sculptured cheekbones, with the deeper shade adding definition and the lighter shade to highlight.

It contains a rusty orange and a yellow champagne highlighter. The blush has a shimmery/glow finish and the highlighter has a frosted, high shine finish (though it does not emphasize pores).
The texture is really good, as soft and smooth as you would like. The product glides onto the skin but due to the extremely high pigment, if you have pale skin like me, you really only need the faintest of touches.
Swatched below on the left and blended out on the right,


I wanted to love this as I think the texture/application is top notch but as much as I try to get these colours to work for me they are just too warm and the finish makes me feel a bit overdone.

Ingredients:


For those looking for a more dramatic finish with intense pigment then Stroked is definitely a good option if you suit warm tones.

I bought this from http://www.harveynichols.com/

6 comments:

  1. Hi thank you for the swatches I hope I went for the right colour feeling bit anxious about this actually
    Hope it be ok for my skin
    Thank you great blog on this colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm sure this would work on the right skintone, I tend to go for sheer, very natural finish cheek products but I know that's not every bodies cup of tea.

      Delete
  2. I am nervous about the same things you mentioned. I got this one (coming here on Tuesday) and I will probably hate myself for getting it but it won't change the fact lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to seeing what you think of it, I shouldn't have bought it really as it was always likely to be more of a miss than hit given my blush preferences, I clearly had a weak moment ;)

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to get this together with the palette. The colours look great but does look a little intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the blush would work well on you but think you might find the finish of the highlighter a bit over the top like I did x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin