Wednesday 19 September 2012

Laura Mercier Signature Colour Essentials Travel Set

I was very pleased to see that we had the Nordstrom "Exclusive" travel set here in the UK.


At £50 I think its a very good deal, you get a Eye and Cheek palette that includes: Second Skin Cheek Colour in Vintage Pink (dusky pink), Eyeshadow duo in Morning Dew (matte off white) and Primrose (warm sheer pink with tiny sparkle) and Eyeshadow duo in Topaz (satin finish taupe) and Kir Royal (deep plum with tiny sparkle).

 
 

The shadows feel smooth and blend well. Though I find Primrose makes me look a bit tired, the other shades are very wearable. The blush applies smoothly and has very good pigment and wear.
You also get a travel size All Over Eye Colour brush, Full size Caviar Eye Stick Colour in Twilight (medium shimmery grey)

 
Travel size Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara in Black, mini Foundation Primer (30ml), and full size Lip Glace in Sweetheart (baby pink).



The brush is good for applying base shades and it really can pack colour on.The mascara is good for lengthening and doesn't smudge.
Though the lip glace formula is a bit too sticky for my liking, I really like the subtle glossy pink look.
The eye stick can be used lightly or built up to create quite a smoky look, it blends in well and really lasts. The primer is the only thing I'll not use as it doesn't agree with my acne prone skin.

Whilst you may well have similar colours in your collection, its really nice having them in one set; they are just very easy to wear and overall flattering. Sets can often have a lot of duds but I think this is very solid and I would recommend.

I bought this from John Lewis

12 comments:

  1. This set looks great! I never tried Laura Mercier cosmetics but I'd love to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      It would be a great set to start with :)

      Delete
  2. This loos like a great travel set and for its price a really good deal. I love the eye sticks, I wish they had more colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know what you mean, I'd like some lighter shades in their eye sticks.

      Delete
  3. You are right. It is a very good deal. I am getting more and more into Laura Mercier lately, I think she has done a great job on that travel set / Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire,
      I always think they do really good sets, I'm looking forward to seeing what they bring out for the holidays :)

      Delete
  4. Usually travel sets eyeshadows are disappointing. However this one looks pretty good! and I do agree that this is a good deal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      Yes, sometimes the quality in sets can be lower than the normal range but everything in this one is the same as normal :)

      Delete
  5. This is a lovely little set! The Caviar Sticks are great - glad to see one is included :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like them, I wish they would bring out a sort of champagne/beige stick shade, you know how I love my naturals ;) x

      Delete
  6. Wow - this looks so pretty. I really want to try Laura Mercier again as I couldn't make the mineral foundation work for me but hopefully I will have more luck with the eyeshadows and lip products!

    http://personalperspectives.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thats a shame about the mineral foundation as I know a lot of people rave about it. I'm sure they will release some nice sets for the holidays so that would be a good place to start trying the eye/lip products :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin