Sunday 28 July 2013

Clinique new reformulated all about eyes shadows

The newly reformulated shadow formula comes out on the 2nd August in store, they are available in singles (£16), duos (£22) and quads(£28) but have already started popping up at counters. The shadows are meant to have a creamy application and smooth texture that delivers high pigment and long wearing colour.

Now I'll have to admit that I was never a fan of the previous shadow formula, I found the quality variable, with some having low pigment, unable to blend well and lighter colours prone to looking chalky coupled with a lot of colour fading even with a primer.


There weren't any testers out so I bought the one that looked the most taupe, Starlight/Starbright. Actually in terms of the duos all the colours were on the neutral, easy to wear side.
Both shades have a golden toned shimmer, though nothing over the top. The larger pan is a clay/beige with a hint of taupe and the smaller pan a medium taupe.

So of course the question is, was the reformulation a success? For me the answer is Yes, from the duo I have, the texture feels smooth and applies as such, colours blend easily with one another so no effort is required, the pigment is very good and without a primer they do have quite a long wear.


Clinique are also bringing out an eyeshadow primer with the release which comes in different skin shades so I might give that a whirl as well.

Ingredients:

I all too often get caught up with the higher end, less attainable brands, when in actuality the brands that I consider mid end and easily available at department stores such as the likes of Clinique, Clarins, Lancome etc are really starting to bring out some comparable quality products.

I bought this from Boots

8 comments:

  1. Oh I didn't know that Clinique was releasing new formulated eye shadows. After having terrible experience with Chubby Stick for eyes, I was not considering to buy anything from them for a while but your pick looks worth reconsideration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,
      They are definitely worth a closer look, I've not taken too much notice of the brand in the past but trying this has made me have a re-think :)

      Delete
  2. I like this cafe au lait colour on you! It looks so natural and your eyes look SO blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It just so effortless to use :)

      Delete
  3. ooo this looks lovely on you friend ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear :) I was very tempted to buy some more of them today, I've held back...for now.. ;)

      Delete
  4. This duo looks great on you! I will have to look for it the next time I'm at the Clinique counter. I also have my eye on the purple quad "Going Steady" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think there are quite a lot of their new shadows you would like, I certainly have my eye on quite a few more, I didn't pay attention to the purple quad so will have a better look at that one next time
      xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin