Wednesday 12 February 2014

Burberry Metallic Khaki & Steel Grey Nail Polish

The first thing that struck me with the release of nail polishes from Burberry was the variety and beauty of the shades on offers. There are of course the expected variants of nudes, but there are also reds and their "runaway shades" which include green, greys, mauves, khakis and even a yellow to name a few.

They cost £15 each which I think it a good price for a high end brand. They have a lovely high gloss finish which has no fading. Both colours are richly saturated and have a quick dry time.


Metallic Khaki is a deep khaki with a refined golden metallic finish.



Steel Grey is a medium cool toned grey with very subtle golden shimmer, unfortunately the shimmer is not that visible once applied.

I of course have to apologies for my real life photos of the polish applied as it does the lovely shades a disservice (I just can't take good nail pictures hence why I rarely post about them).

The brush is a standard slightly rounded edge design (without being too long in length) making for easy application. The formula is reasonably thick but not as much as brands such as Bobbi Brown. Like many nail brands I have (Chanel, Dior for example) I only get a days wear without a top coat and two days wear with one, and this is the only reason I am hesitant to buy more as I have found better lasting polishes.

My brother brought me these from http://uk.burberry.com (a Christmas present, he doesn't just randomly buy me make-up...mores the pity...)

12 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these yet but I really like Metallic Khaki, although I think I have something similar to this already. Top coat wise Dior's Topcoat Abricot is excellent, imo better than Seche Vite as it dries fast too and I get better wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you Meeta :) Thanks very much for the Dior rec, I will give their Topcoat Abricot a go, seems to be quite a good price on escentual at the moment
      x

      Delete
  2. I've definitely been eyeing Metallic Khaki for a while now! I kinda wonder if it's any similar to Givenchy Bronze Precieux from last year's holiday collection. I might have to swatch Metallic Khaki on one nail just to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have Bronze Precieux but from pics I wonder if thats a tad more gold? Would be worth testing out though as Metallic Khaki really is a beauty of a shade :)

      Delete
  3. I like that khaki a lot, so pretty! Now aren't you lucky to have such a sweet brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of those shades I just stare at when I'm wearing it :) Yes, I've decided that a brother is a very good thing to have ;)

      Delete
  4. Ah thank you so much for reviewing these! I also have bad luck with both Chanel and Dior but was eyeing the green Burberry polish :/ Just the quad for me, then ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try it with the Dior topcoat that Meeta recommends, all is not lost! I'll be interested in your thoughts on the quad as I wasn't impressed with the one I got.

      Delete
  5. You have an awesome brother! :-) Metallic Khaki is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does have his good points :) MK is a lush shade isn't it, think its the type of colour that would make a lovely liquid eye liner :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin