Sunday 20 May 2012

A bit of Hair care and Organic Glam with the Organic Pharmacy

I suffer from the inability to buy just one item at a time, case in point when ordering from the Organic Pharmacy somehow a shampoo and eyeshadow quad managed to sneak into the basket...
The Organic Pharmacy offers an extensive range of health care,body/skin/hair care, perfumes/candles as well as makeup. I associate the brand more with supplements and skincare so was interested to see how other items performed.

The Rose Conditioning Shampoo (£22.96) is aimed at those with dry hair. The shampoo is infused with Rose Hips, Aloe and the herbal complex of Arnica, Horsetail, Coltsfoot, Sage & Chamomile. The formula is extremely watery, when I first used it I lost a lot, as it just floods out, because of this I think you end up using more product as its hard to keep it in your hand without it just seeping off. It has a low foam and is quite difficult to work through the hair and it made my hair feel slightly tangled during application.
Ingredients:

My hair was left feeling hydrated and soft, unfortunately it also looked somewhat coated and the overly shiny look was veering towards looking greasy, there's nothing like washing your hair and having it look the same as it did before you started. My hair is dry through the lengths but prone to getting greasy at the roots so perhaps when they say for dry hair they means from root to tip!



The Organic Glam Eye Shadow palettes come in 3 different shades, I went for Plum (£32.95). The palette is really compact and contains a mirror.

 
Here it is against a MAC 4 pan for size compare.

All the shades are cool toned. There is one matte shadow in a pale pink/lilac, and the other three shades have a slight shimmer and a tiny bit of sparkle; a white, a dusty mauve and a plum.


Whilst there is nothing intrinsically wrong with these shadows I feel the pigment was average, the darker shades were too flyaway and they just weren't as smooth or easy to blend as my favourite brands. I think for this price range it brings with it a higher expectation.
Ingredients:


I'll go with saying I was left underwhelmed with both these items.

I bought these from theorganicpharmacy.com/


6 comments:

  1. Hello hun

    Did you try the SPF50 from Organic Pharmacy? If so what did you think?

    D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I do like the sunscreen, the texture is quite nice, I want to try it some more though before I post my review just incase it does end up breaking me out :)
      I don't think it beats the Snowberry though, lets hope they come back to the UK at sme point x

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. This doesn't sound like a success! I've had very varying success with low foam products and I've come across the really watery formulation before. They're so hard to handle, it's frustrating. Shampoo seems to be one of the hardest to get right and I know that tangled plus greasy hair feeling well. Honestly, I'd rather they just put the SLS back in.

    How tiny is that quad too. I was taken aback when I saw the picture comparing the size to MAC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Yes, I wasn't kidding when I said it was compact, still I need smaller items so I fit all the makeup in my unit :)
      I know what you mean about the SLS, mind you I wonder about all the alternatives that some brands put in as they are often derivatives of SLS which makes me wonder if they have the same drying/itchy effects that I can get with SLS, sometimes I wonder that brands are substituting one "bad" thing for another xx

      Delete
  3. Eeep! I hate washing my hair, and ending up with it looking greasy all over again. Thanks for letting us know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Yes its not a nice look, I can only think the shampoo would work on ultra dry hair. One you can miss I think :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin