Friday 19 April 2013

Beauty Spotlight: Desert Island with Visionary Beauty

So its now my turn to be stranded on a desert island, how rude!
I of course brought my husband and little boy (I didn't read any small print about not being allowed guests).
Trying to take just 12 items was difficult and I did have a moment where the idea of cello-taping products together and putting them into some box system thus making them count as 1 item seemed a genius way forward.
Luckily my boy and husband bought the brushes, hair/body care and perfume etc so that I could concentrate on skincare and makeup......

For skincare I would choose, Pai Camellia & Rose Hydrating Cleanser and Chamomile & Rosehip Sensitive Skin Cream. I think these are now my most re-bought skincare items, the range is just superior for being effective and not causing irritation/acne.

For eye cream I would go with Omorovicza Gold Eye Lift cream, I am going to be buying my second one very soon, as its the best eye cream I have found to hydrate and reduce lines and puffiness.
Onto makeup; my eyeshadow needs would be covered by two Rouge Bunny Rouge palettes; you just can't fault the creamy,buttery texture and great pigment.

Swatched L-R: Unforgettable Oriole, Bohemian Waxwing*, Umber Firefinch, Delicate Hummingbird,Snowy Egret and Eclipse Eagle.

Blusher would have to be a nude, wear with anything, shade and then a brightening peachy/pink shade, so my picks are Rouge Bunny Rouge Delicata and By Terry Torrid Peach.

For mascara, one of my favourites is By Terry Terrybly mascara as it lengthens, gives lift and does not clump.

I found lipstick to be the most tricky, so have gone with the two shades I am using most at the moment, for my pink nude I'd go for Burberry Field Rose lip mist and for my peachy tone By Terry Rouge Terrybly Love Me Tender.

Swatched L-R: Love Me Tender, Field Rose, Delicata and Torrid Peach.

In terms of base it has to be Omorovicza Complexion Perfector BB SPF 20, I'm on my third bottle, this is simply the best base product I have ever used.

I have not found the perfect under eye concealer yet for coverage so I'll pick Burberry Beauty Sheer Concealer as that is the one I am currently using.

(*I bought all these myself apart from the refill of Bohemian Waxwing)

So there we have it, it was rather fortuitous that just a few weeks later my husband was able to craft a boat out of trees and coconuts and we were able to return home (I mean how was I going to survive with just two lipsticks...really....)

16 comments:

  1. Nice choices! I love Pai too - it never upsets my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,yep I feel very trusting of Pai for my easily upset skin :) x

      Delete
  2. Amazing choices. It's lovely that the Omorovicza BB is working so well for you. I am SO glad that I suggested it to you!
    I am interested in trying the Gold Eye Cream from Omorovicza and also the new CC Cream.

    Danny xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danny,
      Well you do always have great recs :) I really think you should give the eye cream a try xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks! I think I would struggle with two lip products as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meeta, yes I could probably manage with just two for a week but any longer would be stretching it :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful choices which is lucky because I wasn't going to forgive your blatant rule bending by letting your child bring forbidden items!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what you mean..stares at Marcia with Bambi eyes... ;)

      Delete
  5. What amazing choices!!! You are taunting me with Pai and Omorvicza! I must try both lines! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lola, I think you would find some solid staples with Pai and a bit of indulgence with Omorvicza xx

      Delete
  6. Yes! The BB is perfection. I still absolutely adore mine, only got a couple of wears left in my bottle though so sad I'm saving them (for what I have absolutely no clue!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad when you get to the end, I tried to scrap out anything possible, shame its not just a bit cheaper ;)

      Delete
  7. I totally want to try the Omorovicza Gold Eye Cream! Always a good idea to switch things up in your skincare routine every couple of months. I like a truly hydrating eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really is a lovely eye cream, a novelty to find one that actually does something :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, your husband is very clever Replica. I hope it he didn't use any of your brushes in the raft building exercise?! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perish the thought..huddles brushes close... ;)
      xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin