Wednesday 24 April 2013

Suqqu Blend Colour eyeshadow Akanezora

Akanezora was not a planned acquisition, I had the Spring 2013 quad Ginusudama EX13 on my wishlist (the EX donate a limited edition item) and as the Selfridges website only lists the quads by their numbers, and this was a gift from a family member, I ended up with Akanezora (£45), which is numbered 13.

The quad contains a non chalky matte white base shade, very warm shimmered pink, shimmered sheer baby pink and a warm deep brown cream liner.

The powder shadows have the lovely smooth light weight feel that we associate with Suqqu and the shimmered shades have that elegant refined finish.

The cream liner I am not so keen on, its not as smooth as I would like and though I have only had this for just under two months, its turning a bit dry, I do think cream liners need to be in a more air tight container to prevent deterioration.
This is one of those quads that sometimes I love how it looks and other days I'll catch a glance of myself and think the warmth of the medium shadow and liner just look a bit off against my cool toned complexion.

Had the liner shade been a powder and the medium pink less warm I think we would of had a winner here, that said I have already made a generous dip in the base shade and baby pink so it does have its attributes and lets face it any Suqqu is better than no Suqqu :)

Ingredients:

 My mother bought me this from selfridges.com

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely agree that we're all better off with Suqqu! I've yet to make my first purchase, but I want it to be the cheek brush! Lisa Eldridge has convinced me that I don't need to test it out before I purchase =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to get the cheek brush as well, but it just so expensive, can't quite seem to take the plunge :)

      Delete
  2. It looks very pretty! I have never seen any Suqqu products in person but have heard good things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would really like their shadows and lipsticks :)

      Delete
  3. Looks nice. This is the first time I hear about this brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Suqqu, very high quality, sophisticated range :)

      Delete
  4. The pink shade is so gorgeous! I don't think I'd have enough Suqqu :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like having a cream shadow amidst the powder. It really would have been fantastic without the cream shadow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not keen on the mix either, mind you Suqqu shadows don't have much in the way of fall out so at least they are not getting all into the cream shade x

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin