Wednesday 15 May 2013

Tom Ford Summer 2013: Blush Guilt Illuminating Cheek Color

Ever feel like the odd one out? That will be me and my thoughts on the Tom Ford Blush Guilt Illuminating Cheek Colour, amongst the sea of glowing reviews.


One of two limited edition cheek colours for Summer 2013, it comes in a chubby twist up stick. I find the plastic casing feels flimsy and do worry that it will crack, given the price (£48) I expected something that felt a bit more robust.

In the tube its a beautiful shimmery warm pink seashell. Though I was expecting this to be sheer I was surprised that even applying multiple applications on my very pale skin, it imparts pretty much no colour (though it leaves a faint sparkle which is only noticeable if you get close up).
 

What it does provide is a glossy sheen that if I apply too much can look overly shiny.
In terms of the formula, it glides on, without feeling too tacky or slippery, and feels smooth (it applies more easily that say a NARS multiple). The product doesn't set as such and the sheen lasts around 6 hours on my dry skin.
Swatched below on the left 9 times and then on the right 9 times again but blended over gently with a brush

Like a lot of cream products it does tend to wipe off any makeup you may already have on you skin, so I tend to just mix it with my base and apply together or just apply on smaller areas gently and then carefully build up so as not to disrupt the base.
Yes this applies well and yes it does give a nice sheen to the skin, but for me I just don't think its that special. I love illuminating products that give radiance but I don't feel like this particularly enhances my complexion.

Ingredients;


I bought this from selfridges.com

23 comments:

  1. wow really nice thing=)) I want to try it! Thanx for sharing dear=)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem very popular, worth swatching in person though if you can before buying I'd say :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. and thats why it pains me that I don't love it ;)

      Delete
  3. Similary unimpressed. Yup yup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I'm glad its not just me then, I keep trying it in case something magical happens ;) x

      Delete
  4. You aren't alone. This really didn't appeal to me at all, I swatched and was totally underwhelmed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do wish I had a counter near me so I could have tested it before laying down the money, I could have bought another lip shine instead ;)

      Delete
  5. I am always disappointed in illuminating cheek products, I remember buying a NARS multiple, Riviera, such a pretty colour....in the stick there was no pay off on my skin other than the briefest of glows. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,
      I've had quite a few multiples in my time as well and they never went on how I wanted them to, I tend to prefer liquid highlighters really x

      Delete
  6. Hi
    I just got mine- its really tricky to use. I used a taklon brush from the bullet onto my cheek. Confusing really- requires further play......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      I know what you mean, I've tried so many different brushes with it, I'm using it with the MAC #235 at the moment :)

      Delete
  7. That's after 9 swipes??!!! Swatched these in the store and while beautiful, didn't think they'd work for me. After reading this I'm glad I didn't take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know tell me about it, thats why I had to write how many swipes it actually was, maybe if I did 20 I'd get some colour :)
      I think you were best to not take the plunge really.
      Thank you for your retweeting of me btw xx

      Delete
  8. I've avoided this TF summer collection but it's so hard to do so. Your reviews and Lola's are the ones I trust the most and neither of you seem to feel it's worth the money even if the products are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marcia, I really appreciate that you trust in my reviews :) I do think that the products can be skipped, given the price they really needed to "wow" x

      Delete
  9. I always get the feeling with Tom Ford that it's quite nice, but not mindblowing special in both colour & texture-department. I'd rather stick with Burberry & Armani for my luxe/niche feel with a fab payoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've not yet tried anything from the brand that has blown me away, I think because they have put themselves at a higher price point than a lot of the high end brands like Burberry, Chanel etc,they really need to deliver something that bit more special. I do like a lot of my TF but don't feel like it excels as such.

      Delete
  10. I thought that you might like this Illuminator more- I have been quite happy with mine. However, at the price point I was satisfied to stop and this and the Lip Lacquer from his Summer Collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had hoped I would like it more as well, I do think the fact that I don't have clear skin (even when my base is on) means I don't get the best effect from this like others have experienced. I do like it but just don't think it does that much for me, but then my face does need a lot of help ;) xx

      Delete
    2. Maybe mix a touch of it with your foundation to get a glowing effect- I would swipe a few passes in my hand then add my foundation or tinted moisturizer and mix it. My bet is that you will get a nice diffused glow that will be gorgeous. <3

      Delete
    3. Thanks Lola, I do tend to mix it with my base shade, though not all over, might give that a try, I'll have to do it sparingly ar first though ;) xx

      Delete
    4. Hopefully that works-- because it was so expensive!! I hope that you find a way to use it happily!!!!

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin