Wednesday 25 September 2013

BareMinerals The Power Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette & Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Make Your Move

There are those that get bewitched with bright, colourful shades for the eyes and then there are us, like myself, that get filled with glee over your everyday naturals, boring to some but there is always room in my collection for a slightly different shade of beige/taupe/grey.


The Power Neutrals (£35) contains the following: Boss Lady is a satin finish light beige with a touch of sparkle, Moneymaker is a matte dusty olive. Schmooze is a shimmery golden bronze, Boardroom is a matte deep brown (this has a dryer finish compared to the other shades).

Exec is a satin grey/taupe with a touch of sparkle, Payday is a matte pale grey. Magnate is a matte warm yellow beige, Get Ahead is a matte mid toned brown.

The colour payoff of all the shades is really good, and I like that there is not much shimmer, yet still a good mix of finishes. Apart from the deep brown,the others shades are smooth though I would say the mattes do adhere quickly so aren't as easy to blend as the other finishes. Wear time is not the best as even with a primer I do find these fade quite a bit by mid day.
Ingredients:


The collection also includes one Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Make Your Move (£16). The lipstick has a creamy feel and a slightly heavy texture, I don't find it long lasting particularly.

The colour is a really pretty natural pinky brown with a slight sheen/shimmer finish.

Ingredients:

My overall thoughts are nice but nothing outstanding, of the two I recommend the palette as its a good price for what you get and would be a good choice for those who usually find  natural toned shadows pull very warm, as the majority of shades are neutral, leaning cool.


I bought these from Boots.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Clare, nice haul. Even though I get excited over brights, it is the neutrals I wear the most often. These days I get excited over neutrals too. I agree about the mattes, BM mattes are not the best. I love that lip colour, so very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I'll stay clear of their mattes in the future :)
      I do like the colour of the lipstick, though I do have quite a lot of pinky/browns already :)

      Delete
  2. I never gave BM a look but really heard raves about their eyeshadows. And I love those neutrals - they look so good esp without shimmers at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use to pay much attention to them either but since they have updated their shadows,lipsticks etc I think they are well worth a look now :)

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin