Sunday 29 September 2013

Sisley Fall 2013 City Muse Collection: Phyto-Ombre Glow

The Fall City Muse collection brings us a new shadow formula called Phyto-Ombre Glow, they are billed as a "next-generation eye shadow that captures and diffuses light in a captivating pearlescent halo, mother of pearl is in the formula to catch the light from every angle and deliver breathtaking radiance to the eyes".

Wow, sounds good doesn't it and I have to say after swatching these I did think they were a bit special, but as we know swatching in store is not necessarily the same as when you get home and apply it to your eyes...


I bought the shade Pearl (£30). The shadow feels smooth, lightweight and glides on. It layers extremely well so you can go for a subtle shimmer look to a more full on metallic edge. The colour applies very yellow toned and ends up being more of a golden shade than the champagne I had at first thought.
Swatched below L-R: One swipe then three swipes.

I find that built up its just too glitzy on me so much prefer this as a gentle wash on the lid as below,

or layered with another shade (shown below paired with Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird).

It is a lovely colour, but whilst I do feel like the shade catches the light nicely, I won't go as far as to say it gives me the claimed radiance. Whilst I like this I do feel there are likely similar finishes/colours already out there and for a lower price point.
Ingredients:

I bought this from John Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin