Wednesday 16 November 2011

Vapour Organic Beauty Illusionist Concealer

Vapour organic is a chemical free modern range of cosmetics. The products contain a minimum of 70% certified organic ingredients (the remaining 30% is mineral pigments/natural vitamins). When I started to read about the company it become apparent how prevalent their ethical values are, from how the products are sourced and produced right through to the packaging.
The thing that immediate hits me about the brand is that it doesn't have the same look to it as a lot of organic brands, unfortunately I think the majority of organic cosmetics are not on par with packaging or product excitement, Vapour on the other hand looks sleek and the products seem modern and interesting.
I bought the Illusionist concealer (£20) . Its very creamy, though not greasy, the finish is definitely luminous, indeed the Vapour base range seems to be very much about light and luminosity.
This gives light coverage, its not enough for my dark under eye area but works well on redness and I actually mix it in with my foundation as I like the finished look, I do think it will be those with skin on the dryer side who will benefit most from this.
The colour #010 (the lightest shade) is perfect for me (I'm a shade lighter than a MAC NW15) and I thinks its a natural looking shade with no overtly yellow or pink tones
Swatches below L-R: YSL Touche Eclat shade 2, Vapour Illusionist 010, Diorskin Nude 001 ivory
I really like this as an enhancement to my foundation and on the outer corners of my eyes and will re-buy.
I'm very interested in other items from the brand, though its product availability seems very limited here in the UK.

I bought this from


  1. Vapour concealer is my favorite natural concealer I've found so far. I really want to try the foundation soon to see how it compares.

  2. The packaging is nice and not the usual hum-drum, and I do like the textures too. I really want to try the foundation but am currently on a no-buy so will have to wait.
    Great to hear you get on well with the concealer.

  3. I need this in my life. Thanks for this. x

  4. I have dry skin so I think this would work really well for me! Fabulous post :)

  5. wow that really blends in with your skin. I can barely see the swatch! haha.

  6. Hi Mary,
    I am very tempted by the foundation, though I now the coverage will probably be too sheer for me,I'll be interested in your thoughts if you end up getting it :)

    Hi Meeta,
    I'd like to have the resolve to go on a no buy :) I'm thinking I might try some of their lipsticks next, I liked the one that Grace showed in her last post on the brand.

    Hi Jan,
    LOL, thats a saying I think to myself a lot after looking at blogs ;) x

    Hi Vintage Makeup,
    Thanks :) Yes, dry skin will really like this, I can see myself getting quite into this brand :)

    Hi luv2smilexo,
    It is a very good match thats for sure :)


Blog Widget by LinkWithin