Sunday 5 August 2012

AMBRE Botanicals Pumpkin Seed and Kokum Face Cream & Rhassoul Clay Face Mask

I've jumped head first into Ambre Botanicals and as yet have not been disappointed. The independently owned raw skin and body care brand has a concise range that does not contain any water, chemical ingredients, preservatives, artificial colour or fragrance.
 
PUMPKIN SEED & KOKUM WITH FRUIT NUT OILS FACE CREAM (£23 for 30ml) Slightly yellow in colour, this has a rich texture and is highly concentrated so you only need a bit. The balm melts onto the skin without leaving a greasy residue. It contains pure plant oils and butters, rich in vitamins such as A,E & C, essential fatty acids and antioxidants.

 I use this at night and for me it soothes and keeps my skin hydrated and feeling smooth. I really feel like this restores balance, my skin is very prone to breaks outs and irritation from stress and poor diet so I find this balm works to return it to its normal state.

Ingredients: Pumpkin Seed Butter (Cucurbita Maxima), Kokum Butter (Garcinia Indica), Pumpkin Seed Oil (Cucurbita Maxima), Starflower (Borage) Oil (Borago Officinalis), Passion Fruit Oil (Passiflora Incarnata ), Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophae Rhamnoides), Rice Bran Oil (Oryza Sativa), Avocado Virgin Oil (Persea Americana), Hazelnut Oil (Corylus Avellana). Non-GMO Natural Vitamin E (D-alpha Tocopherol), Rosemary Antioxidant (Rosmarinus Officinalis). Natural Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate). Unscented.


RHASSOUL CLAY FACE MASK (£8.50 for 15g) The clay mask comes as a fine loose powder that you need to mix with water to create a thin paste. I found it difficult to get the correct ratio of water to begin with so I would advise using less water than you think. You apply it to the face (avoiding the eye area) and rinse off with warm water after 7-10 minutes.

This really smooths the skin and absorbs all the gunk out of pores and if you have any spots brewing I found this brought them to the surface and allowed for a much faster heal time.

However, proceed with caution as this is not for the faint hearted; I loved the effects so much that instead of using it once a week (for sensitive skin I always think once a week is the right amount of time for masks/scrubs) I used it again just 2 days after one treatment and it did really dry my skin out for about 4 days. So if you do have dry/sensitive skin like me just use once a week as this mask means business.

I bought the face cream from Etsy.com and the mask was a gift with purchase (this promotion is still running on ambrebotanicals.com with your first purchase and they deliver world wide)

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for this review!
    I wl definitely try the face cream (i am undecided on what to try next, either this one or the one from Live Native)... I have very dry skin, and i read that it should be suitable for my skin type, as well.

    I have also received the clay mask with my order, but haven't tried it yet...i tried clay masks before and think they are very goods as a natural cleansing mask...even for dry skin...i use it but, as i have dry skin, it is better to use it every 10 days, 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara,
      The face cream really is lovely and will be a re-buy for me. I only have one thing from Live Native, the eye cream, so far I'm not that impressed but I'll give it a bit longer before reviewing x

      Delete
  2. thanx for review))I want this cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ami,
      It really is a great face balm :)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it lovely to immerse oneself in a new range and find it works! These do sound very lovely - Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,
      It is indeed, good thing that the prices aren't too high ;) x

      Delete
  4. What a lovely review. I now want this face balm! Of course the clay mask also looks very tempting-- my combination skin does very well with clay masks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lola ;) I'm not sure what their shipping costs are but if not too high I think these will be well worth a try for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to check their rates! Thanks again! xx

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin