Monday 20 August 2012

ILIA Beauty: Funnel of Love Lipstick

Ilia beauty is a contemporary line of natural and organic products (all products are made with up to 85% certified organic ingredients). The brand has been getting rave reviews across some of my well loved blogs so it was only a matter of time before I succumbed.

Content Beauty was out of stock of a lot of the items I wanted so I settled on just one lipstick, albeit in a shade that wasn't something I would normally go for.

Funnel of Love (£20) is described as a soft nude with peachy undertones. On me its undoubtedly an orange nude with a semi matte finish, so not my best colour. The pigment is really rich and I found it lasted well.



Unfortunately the texture was not what I was expecting; it doesn't feel smooth and applies looking dry with a slightly powdery feel. The picture below is of the lipstick after a couple of uses and you can see the bitty texture

Initially disappointed, however I have been reliably informed that the feel/texture of this lipstick is not necessarily across the board and they are usually balmy in texture and not dry. It might well be that these qualities are only particular to this shade, I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has this particular shade and had the same experience?
Ingredients:


I bought this from beingcontent.com

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand but I really like this shade, too bad for the texture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drama Makeup,
    Yes, I'm hoping its this shade only with this texture as I had quite a big list of things I wanted from this brand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I have only the shade called Wild Child, which is a red. I love the color ( red with warm/orange tones ) and the texture, as well...it feels very hydrating on the lips...in fact, i am planning to buy some more shades, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clara,
    It does sound like the texture of the one I have isn't the same to what others are experiencing so I might well try some other shades :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin